Thursday, September 13, 2012

Make New Friends

"Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold"
Do you remember that song?
I remember singing it in rounds when I was a girl scout.
That's what this image,
"Lg Best Friends Sitting (#5906) from Eureka! Stamps,
reminds me of.
The kids in my area just went back to school about a week ago
and this makes me think of when I was young
and when my kids were young.
Each year we'd wonder about our old friends,
what they did over the summer,
if they were going to be in our classes etc.
As well as if we'd be meeting new friends,
who they would be,
were they new kids to the school
or just to the class?
Some wonderful memories!
So enough reminiscing, about the card.....
I used Distrress inks to make the background of sky and grass.
Then I stamped the image onto that background and also onto a piece of white card stock.
I used a bronze Creative Memories pen to color the bench
and colored the 'friends' with FlexMarkers, then fussy cut them.
I adhered the 'friends' right over the stamped image on the background.
I used a Martha Stewart all around the page punch set for the border.

Thanks for stopping by today, leave a comment if you will and be sure to come and visit again soon, our design team have been creating up a storm and have lots to show you.

I'd love to have you stop by my blog
and see what other projects I have to show you.
Happy Stamping!

4 comments: