Friday, September 7, 2012

My bedroom comforter


I was looking at my comforter just before going to bed one evening, and thought, "What a pretty card background this would make!"   Of course, then I couldn't sleep for awhile thinking about which stamps I would use!  I wonder if any other cardmakers have that problem?  I knew that I would definitely want to use Eureka's Baroque Background stamp, so I started with that in the morning.  I ended up also using the peacock feather and in samples below,  the Mosaic background stamp.  The background was created using faux batik technique, and sponging brilliance ink dew drop-shaped pads directly onto the cardstock.

This is the comforter:



Here are a few of the other backgrounds I made trying to catch the look.  I couldn't get a decent photo of two of them, so included one of all four together.


 



I stopped before adding black to this one because I liked how it looked at this point:


 

5 comments:

  1. What a great card and wonderful inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful results! Isn't funny how we get inspired by odd things at odd times. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its beautiful and lovely I am staring now this cards. Comforters

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a page about black and white theme for bedrooms: http://www.squidoo.com/black-and-white-bed-sets-and-decor

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your all work and very interesting information about the comfort it's really nice and good job.
    Hypoallergenic

    ReplyDelete