Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Concertina Tutorial


Good morning! Deb with you today with a tutorial for a Concertina card. The stamps I have used in today's project are Eureka's Sweet Dreams Werdz.

Maybe I should call this a mini-concertina since there are only three panels. I looked at many other styles of concertinas, but I wanted more room on each panel, so I created the pattern below which uses about half of a 12 inch piece of cardstock. Measure 3" up from the bottom on the left side, and 7" up on the right. Connect those two points and that's the line to cut. Make a mountain fold at 4" and a valley fold at 8", and your base is done.


Here's how your base card will look.


Cut designer paper to fit the panels on both sides. In the sample, the pattern papers are cut 1/4 inch smaller than the base panels in both height and width. Adhere the patterned paper.

Next, dress it up. In the sample, lace strips were cut with Spellbinders and adhered to the base. Next, strips of ribbon cover up where the papers meet on both sides of the card. I wanted to just adhere a 12" piece of ribbon right across, but then the card didn't fold well, so I had to snip the ribbon at the folds. Dots of Liquid Pearls were added to one side and allowed to dry overnight before dots were added on the other side.

Words were stamped with Brillliance Ink on pearlized paper, heat embossed, and cut with Spellbinders. (I had planned to use that pearlized paper for the base card, but it cracked when I attempted to fold it, even though it had been scored - just something I need to keep in mind.) Adhere the words to the appropriate panels on the card, and it's done. Here's how the card looks when it's opened up.


Side 1

Side 2

I hope you'll give Concertina cards a try since they're fun to create and are just a little different from the usual card base. You are welcome to visit my personal blog after you have a look at all there is to offer here on the Eureka blog.

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Deb. Thanks for sharing this wonderful tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card. Thanks for the tutorial, well done!

    ReplyDelete